Everyone at my gym is sick right now!!!
Unfortunately, I caught the plague too. I guess this is what you can expect being surrounded by a cest-pool of infectious people.
Since I’m a relentless optimist, I saw this as an opportunity to demonstrate a hydrotherapy technique I prescribe quite often in my practice when my patients have sinus or chest congestion and sore throats.
Although it’s pretty uncomfortable, it works really well.
I love being able to teach my patients simple techniques like steam inhalation that they can do at home and don’t require a prescription or going out to buy a supplement.
1. Assemble items: glass bowl, towel, face cloth, essential oil (optional), hair clip, timer, ice water
2. Boil water and pour into glass bowl.
3. Add 2-3 drops of essential oil, if using.
4. Sit with face over water, and arrange towel like a tent and hold in place using hair clip.
5. Wait ten minutes.
6. Wash face with ice cold water.
7. Wait 5 minutes, then repeat this entire process 🙂