Vitamins, minerals, and other natural nutrients administered at high doses, straight to your blood stream to get you feeling superhuman in record time
IV THERAPY IN CALGARY
Intravenous (IV) Therapy in Calgary is available at the clinic of Dr. Mandy Milliquet ND. With a wide range of IV treatment options and benefits including glutathione, magnesium, and amino acids such as L-arginine, the administration of IV fluids can provide a nutrient boost to help with a variety of ailments. See my IV Therapeutic Packages & Pricing below.
WHAT IS IV THERAPY?
Intravenous (IV) therapy, otherwise known as a vitamin drip or Myers Cocktail, is the practice of injecting therapeutic substances into the blood via the venous system. Translation: we stick a needle into one of your veins and inject vitamins, minerals and other good stuff! IV vitamin therapy can be beneficial for athletes, people feeling under the weather, or anyone looking to combat stress, increase productivity, or prep for a night of partying to reduce the effects of a hangover! Read below for more information or ask your questions directly to Dr Mandy
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DOES IV THERAPY WORK?
In order for nutrients to do their job, they must first be properly absorbed.
Absorption is key! You can eat the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, and take the best supplements on the market, but if you are not able to breakdown, process and absorb all the good stuff from these foods, your body will not be able to perform, recover or even function at its best.
With IV therapy, we are completely bypassing the digestive system, and by doing this we are able to obtain blood levels of nutrients, that are not physiologically possible through oral supplementation, or even intramuscular injections.
WHO COULD BENEFIT FROM IV VITAMIN THERAPY?
Diabetes or weight loss issues
Digestive issues such as IBS, celiac, or gluten sensitivity/intolerance
Fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, or body numbness or tingling
Pregnancy or fertility challenges
Depression or mood issues, fatigue, stress, or migraines and headaches
Sickness such as cold and flu or allergies and asthma
Even if you aren’t suffering from any of those conditions, but want a more efficient way of getting your vitamins so you don’t have to worry about vitamins not being absorbed properly, forgetting to take vitamin pills or struggling to get pills down and feeling nauseous, an IV bag with vitamin infusion may be the solution for you!
HOW MANY IV APPOINTMENTS RECOMMENDED?
DO I NEED A REFERRAL FROM MY FAMILY DOCTOR?
WHAT IS IN A MYERS COCKTAIL?
HOW WILL I FEEL AFTER THE IV VITAMIN THERAPY?
IS IV THERAPY COVERED BY INSURANCE?
IS IV THERAPY PAINFUL?
HOW LONG IS EACH APPOINTMENT?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF IV THERAPY?
- Dosage Control – Supplying nutrients directly to the cardiovascular system means the nutrients will be delivered to their target unhindered. This means the dosage given is the dosage received with no interference from the digestive system.
- Higher Dosage Available – As the natural limitations in the body are bypassed, the dosage given can be higher than would normally be achievable with standard consumption of food or oral supplements.
- Rapid effect – Food digestion is a slow process meaning the absorption of nutrients is also slow. IV therapy has the benefit of taking effect immediately as the dosage is given in one treatment.
- Fast Administration – The process of IV Therapy treatment is a fast process so it doesn’t take up much of your day.
- Treatment Customization – Due to the large variety of nutrient options available, each treatment can be customized to the requirements of the patient thereby addressing their individual needs.
- Alternative to Pills – This treatment can be used to replace the use of some pills.
WHAT CAN FIRST TIME USERS EXPECT?
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO PREPARE FOR AN IV VITAMIN THERAPY APPOINTMENT?
- Eat a small meal 30-60 minutes before coming in for your intravenous therapy treatment to ensure stable blood sugar levels. It is also recommended that you bring a snack in case you need to raise your blood sugar levels during the treatment.
- Drink at least 4 cups of water (equal to 1 L) before your vitamin drip to maintain stable blood pressure throughout the appointment. You are also advised to bring a water bottle because you should consume an additional 2 cups of water during your IV therapy treatment.
- Bring any recent blood work information with you if it is relevant, if you’re not sure ask Dr Mandy or bring it just to be safe! You will also be asked for any current supplements or prescriptions that you are taking as well as any dosage changes to those.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing and try to avoid anything restricting such as tight belts and compression wear or spanx.
- Do not exercise before or after your IV vitamin therapy appointment.