Everyone at my gym is sick right now!!!
Unfortunately, I caught the plague too. I guess this is what you can expect being surrounded by a cest-pool of infectious people.
Since I’m a relentless optimist, I saw this as an opportunity to demonstrate a hydrotherapy technique I prescribe quite often in my practice when my patients have sinus or chest congestion and sore throats.
Although it’s pretty uncomfortable, it works really well.
I love being able to teach my patients simple techniques like steam inhalation that they can do at home and don’t require a prescription or going out to buy a supplement.
Directions for steam Inhalation:
- Assemble items: glass bowl, towel, face cloth, essential oil (optional), hair clip, timer, ice water
- Boil water and pour into glass bowl.
- Add 2-3 drops of essential oil, if using.
- Sit with face over water, and arrange towel like a tent and hold in place using hair clip.
- Wait ten minutes.
- Wash face with ice cold water.
- Wait 5 minutes, then repeat this entire process 🙂